4.29.2005

i've an idea

for a website. yes yes i know the dot com meltdown and everything. but this is good.
living in (well, very near at least) silicon valley has shown me some of the energy of the late 90s. best of all, it isn't something that relies on any one person's effort. it'll be a team thing.
the project will need an incubation period till it becomes known and featured in wired and time magazine. But interested participants can make some money off of it. here's the $2 billion dollar idea out for everyone to see and steal (i mean the random blog readers not the 4jers)

no not a dating website. there are enough of those. it's a "dating analysis" thing. there's a lot of people who wish they were mindreaders or at least understand what their date is trying to tell them whether overtly or discretely. i'm proposing that people will go to our website and post their problem re: their date. then, like in a sports game where there's an analysis of the play, people will write in and give their opinion.


example:

============================================

My question is now that my dates are going ok with her, how do I get her to show more initiative? She's willing to do pretty much anything I suggest, but getting her to initiate plans is a rarety. Same goes with physical contact, she's down for whatever..but I'm always the one to get it started. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I overwhelming her with date proposals, or affection...but I'm at a point where I want her to "stroke my ego" a little by making the first move, and making a brother feel desired. I'm sure plenty of readers out there can relate (hopefully I'm not the only one). I'm not asking for a magic word or anything, but there has to be some solution here..this girl has definitely got long term potential but this nonchalant thing is working my last nerves. An answer to this question would take my game to the next level. What say you??

>>>COMMENTS:
#1 PROFESSIONAL OPINION
It's attractive to women when a man leads, so if it's working for you, then keep it up.

#2 PROFESSIONAL OPINION
The only time they'll do that is if they are wild about you. Right now she's not THAT into you. Give her some space, but that alone may not work. jealousy is a powerful emotion. if you have the skills to use this, that's what i would suggest.

#3 PROFESSIONAL OPINION
if she's hot, then she gets offers ALL THE TIME from men, and she is completely used to the idea of men offering her things, calling her, etc.
It might just be that her model of the world revolves around this idea.

#1 LAYMAN'S OPINION
if things are going so well, then who cares about "her showing initiative"?=============================================


naturally the site will be for men and women.we'll have "professional opinions" and also laymen's opinions on what the guy / gal should do. the professionals can be "promoted" from 'laymen' status if they display wit or maturity or game.
of course, it is all dependent on the writers. the written opinions have to be good. the writers have to have game or be mature or at least be funny, like FHM or Maxim funny. for men, we can call the subsection the "the stud farm" or the "play-ah operat-ah" for women how about "the mindreader"

here's another example

======================

What do you do in a situation where you have set up a coffee date with a woman and she blows you off by not showing up? The problem specifically is how do you react when you see this woman again. I work out in a local gym and had asked one of the personal trainers to coffee. However, I was stood up and I see her everyday. Would you respond by ignoring her ( which seems childish and behaving in the immature manner she treated me by not respecting me and my time) or by talking to her ( and thereby acting like a spineless wimp) ? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

>>> COMMENTS:
#1 PROFESSIONAL OPINION

I want to answer your question FIRST with another question:
WHO'S PROBLEM IS IT THAT SHE BLEW YOU OFF AND FLAKED?
It all depends on your perspective.
When a woman flakes out on me, I see it as a HUGE mistake that SHE made.
So if/when I see her again, I shake my head in disappointment and say "Well you sure missed out on a good time"Don't let it bother you. Just move on. Many women are flakes.

suggested topics:

a. getting a woman who was interested in you (but not anymore) back

so is it worth a coupl'a bucks?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I can see it now...

My question is now that my dates are going ok with her, how do I get her to show more initiative? She's willing to do pretty much anything I suggest, but getting her to initiate plans is a rarety. Same goes with physical contact, she's down for whatever..but I'm always the one to get it started. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I overwhelming her with date proposals, or affection...but I'm at a point where I want her to "stroke my ego" a little by making the first move, and making a brother feel desired. I'm sure plenty of readers out there can relate (hopefully I'm not the only one). I'm not asking for a magic word or anything, but there has to be some solution here..this girl has definitely got long term potential but this nonchalant thing is working my last nerves. An answer to this question would take my game to the next level. What say you??

>>>COMMENTS:
#1 RYAN'S OPINION
Ooooh.. Your woman needs a little of the Ryan Watkins school of hard **cks. Send her my way and you'll have her back as agressive as a tigress. If I'll let you have her back at all.

6:03 PM  
Blogger kong-chu said...

Ryan, we can categorize all their dating problems, get enough data to have stats back up our analysis, i.e.


My question is now that my dates are going ok with her, how do I get her to show more initiative? She's willing to do pretty much anything I suggest, but getting her to initiate plans is a rarety. Same goes with physical contact, she's down for whatever..but I'm always the one to get it started. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I overwhelming her with date proposals, or affection...but I'm at a point where I want her to "stroke my ego" a little by making the first move, and making a brother feel desired. I'm sure plenty of readers out there can relate (hopefully I'm not the only one). I'm not asking for a magic word or anything, but there has to be some solution here..this girl has definitely got long term potential but this nonchalant thing is working my last nerves. An answer to this question would take my game to the next level. What say you??


>>>COMMENTS:
#1 STATISTICIAN'S OPINION
OF the previous dating dilemmas similar to yours (85% match), about 60% said that you shouldn't be bothered at all. Give your relationship enough time to develop some more. Once she's more comfortable, she'll show initiative. Worthwhile to note though, that a small (but quite insightful) 7% have suggested that the girl MIGHT NOT BE INTERESTED AT ALL and is just "going with the flow" since no one more exciting has come along. Be careful. You're a goner once she finds someone that'll stir her juices. Girls DO take initiatives when they want to.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

that's not just pretty good, kong-chu, that's excellent.
rather lackluster reaction from the boys though.
i first thought of jay as someone who can capably imbue a little humor in the site, Maxim style.
Unfortunately, it's a rather disappointing first attempt. i KNOW you can do much MUCH better than that, jay.
yes i realize the 4j boys don't really have 'game' but i'm thinking the site will attract a following and since the general public is free to write in,i'm sure some of them will have some good advice. a few playas will maybe get together and use the site regularly, maybe writing in with their input. first time daters will recognize the site as a valuable dating resource.
the Peso / $ cost of setting this website up is minimal. i think it's $5 to register the domain for 1 year, and maybe $2/month to maintain it. those yehey guys got a return on their investment.
the real cost is in the amount of work put into it. we can have fun with the site and possibly make money.
take a look at this site:
www.hotornot.com
it's primitive looking, but the 2 guys who own this are making millions.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jim Arroyo said...

I rather like this idea, and I'd definitely pitch in my "comments."

I do, however, have a concern. Several years ago I wrote a very cathartic piece about how to cope with a failed relationship, romance, a piece I submitted to a fairly popular women's magazine for publication. It initially got a favorable response from the editor, but he then wanted me to imbue it with professional opinions and that sort of thing, and as a result my from-the-heart message sort of got diluted, and in the end my article really lost out by going from promising to not getting published at all.

The question, then is, are we really going to try to get "professional opinions" considering we don't personally know a whole lot of shrinks (a pre-emptive "screw you" to those who snicker at this comment; you know who you are) or are we going to content ourselves with our own heartfelt, albeit layperson perspectives? Because while the former could be helpful, they may rob from the personalized feel that could help give the website its soul.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

sorry i wasn't clear about it.
by "professional" i ACTUALLY meant "studs" --
girls/guys who are naturally good with the opposite sex-- no degrees needed or even wanted in the site. it's going to be a little rough around the edges, like hotornot.com.
it'll be a real world guide to creating "attraction" in the opposite sex. that'll be our theme. not "dear abby" type of letters. people who write in will be advised how to "work" a situation so that they can get whom they want. with practical advice. no 'theories' that will not get results anyway.

4:31 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

You can always go with an Amazon star ranking to determine which advice is helpful or not. From there, people can vote if a guy is an actual 'stud'/'professional' or a 'layman'.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home