4.05.2005

Beer's being chilled

Agh. I'm sorry I wasn't able to join you guys last Friday, and sorry on a personal note to you, Jay, for snapping at you when you called to give the invite.

It is a matter of days---days!---now till I find out if I can take my lawyer's oath this year. Gone are the months and the weeks. All the benchmarks I used last year to mark the time, like Christmas, the Oscars, Holy Week (which admittedly came after the results last year) have come and gone, and I'm still hanging on, but just barely.

I was somehow able to muddle through yesterday, but of all the confounded things to be saddled with I now have a surprisingly esoteric case on my plate right now, so work is, well, somehow not alleviating the tension.

On a happy note, I finally got my name included on the list of employees who has a reserved seat on our Quezon City-bound shuttle bus. I found myself taken aback that for some reason, the person who had put me on the list saw fit to call me "Atty. Jimmy Arroyo." (I know; who the hell calls me Jimmy, right?)

Seriously, though, to have people just assume that I'm a lawyer this close to the moment of truth terrifies and at the same time exhilarates me. More than anything right now, I just want to find out how I did. Never mind what I think might be riding on this. Never mind what I poured into it. Like so many people have correctly reminded me, it's in God's hands and has been for awhile, so it makes the most sense to offer it all up to Him, as I have been doing every time I put my hands together in prayer.

Well, there's some beer in the chiller, it being the drink for all occasions (if you know what I mean), but the champagne is still on hold. We'll see about the bubbly on Friday...

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

good luck attorney arroyo!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Conchita said...

Congratulation Sir!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Jim! we saw your name sa inq7.net. We're so happy for you! ingat!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Jim Arroyo said...

Thanks!!! It's been a heck of a wait, but boy was it worth it!!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home