3.09.2005

Proposed 4j Movie Gimmicks

Life's full of little ironies; the last six months or so have blown by as though they were nothing, but now that the bar results are weeks (weeks!) away, time seems...to...have.......slowed.......to..............a.............crawl.

The wait is unbearable, and so while I generally rely on work to keep me occupied, it's been a slow day at the office today, so I thought I'd drop a line (or about 500 words). I've come up with a list of movies we might all want to see. Some of them are no-brainers, I'm sure, but there might be a film in here you haven't heard of or read about...

STAR WARS EPISODE III: REVENGE OF THE SITH

No-brainer. Although I missed the 4j viewing of Episode II, for some reason I am pumped about this last chapter. I've got my fingers crossed as tightly as humanly possible that George Lucas can finish off the last of the prequels with at least some panache.

KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

Ha! Didn't know about this one, did you? It's a medieval action movie by Ridley Scott starring an ensemble cast headed by Orlando Bloom. I was able to convince some of you guys to see "Gladiator" which enough of you seemed to enjoy, so maybe you'll give ol' Ridley another shot? Here's hoping.

BATMAN BEGINS

Hmmm. For some reason I find myself looking forward more to Superman, all the way next year. I've seen a couple of trailers and, to quote Kevin Smith, the movie has a "been there, done that" feel about it. However, if we don't see each other between now and then, I may well seize the opportunity to meet up with you guys again.

WAR OF THE WORLDS

To my mind? No-brainer. This is the new millenium's "Jurassic Park," given the hype and the pedigree of the crew. Then again, that's what they said about "Minority Report" (which I happened to like). But come on, do any of you actually intend to pass this one up (except for Jay, who has professed to hating Tom Cruise)?

FANTASTIC FOUR

I sincerely believe this film is more likely to be another X2 than another Daredevil or Hulk. I, for one, am going to see it, and consider this an open invitation to see it with me.

THE ISLAND

How do you guys feel about Michael Bay, anyway? "The Rock" was an okay movie, but is that reason enough for you to give this one a shot, after crap like "Pearl Harbor" and "Bad Boys 2"? Anyway, Ewan McGregor's choice of projects has been consistently good...oh, wait a minute...he was in the Star Wars prequels. Oh well.

Hope to see you guys at the movies?

(And that's about 20 minutes I was able to stop thinking about the bar results).

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Don't forget, Spongebob Squarepants in April! Unless you guys want to do a special 4J showing in my or R-Jay's place?

5:28 PM  
Blogger Jim Arroyo said...

I don't know...Joey's idea about a screening at your place...with beer and all...sounds pretty attractive...it's not like we can bring beer into a kid's movie ya know...:)

7:53 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Besides, at a movie house, you have to contend with screaming, crying, noisy little buggers while watching...

Tapos sila pa yung barkada mo! ;)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

the trailer for episode III looks great except for the whiney "you were the chosen one" line
hehe cliche

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home