3.01.2005

'Tis the Season to Be Panicky

Last night Jay T. asked me if the bar results had come out. Although I can tell you guys with near certainty that they will come out on a Friday, I will say that his was a perfectly valid question.

It's bar results season, and although I'm not as much of an emotional wreck right now as I have been over the last six months or so, the nerves can still get to me. It actually helps that the office of the Bar Chairman is literally two minutes' walk from where I work. That, however, doesn't stop the rumor-mongers from popping out of the woodwork!

Jay, do you remember Ivy, the girl Theia nearly hooked you up with? Well, she passed on scuttlebutt that the results would be out at the end of the month (Feb), which has since come and gone. If I hadn't been in a position to immediately shoot the rumor down, I'd want to bitch-slap her right now for compounding my anxiety. The worst part is I know that the rumors will be coming with alarming frequency in the weeks to come.

Anyway, I'd like to ask you guys to join me in a new prayer. Not really for my results, as they are practically a done deal by now (all the papers have been checked), although I still welcome prayers for that, but for my peace of mind as I wait. There's at the very most another month to go and this is easily the hardest, especially for a repeater.

Just join me to pray that I hang loose and let it all go...with or without the aid of alcohol or other outside stimuli (anyone with your heads in the gutter, please get them out now).

To detach myself...that would be a lovely thing right now...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Done.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home