3.02.2005

12 Years after

Come March 17, it will have been 12 years to the day since we marched out of the high school. I was just watching Mr. Deeds the other day and thought to myself, "In the twelve years since, have we lived our dreams? Or are we, as Adam Sandler quaintly put it, gonna get our asses kicked by our younger selves?"

I lived a dream when I was a DJ, but twelve years ago, I was envisioning myself calling PBA games or wrestling matches by now. I'd also have had a hit record.

From the different blog entries and emails we've exchanged over the years, I do know that:
  1. Joey should be writing the great Filipino sci-fi novel.
  2. Jim should either be writing films (or reviewing them).
  3. TC should be kicking Bill Gates' ass all over the place.
  4. Ryan should have had a copy of every comic ever published.
  5. We'd all be living next door to each other in our own exclusive village, all married, living off the swag from our strip club "Club 4J".
You get the picture.

After 12 years, maybe we have settled on practicality and money.

But that's no reason to stop dreaming right?

Time to work on that album.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Arroyo said...

Hmmm...a film about Tini, the downtrodden call center trainer about to wreak his revenge on society a la Michael Douglas in "Falling Down" might have potential...the trick will be to make him sympathetic enough for the audience to identify with him and annoying enough for them to be glad that he eventually gets blown away...I could write that...

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home