2.01.2005

Waiting for the bar...

If last year is any indication of when I should expect the bar exam results, I have about two months left to go before I find out if my six month seclusion (with intermittent social interactions, like my cameo at AA's wedding) has paid off.

I know conventional wisdom says I shouldn't talk about it lest I "jinx" things, but up front I just want to thank you guys. I want to thank those of you who showed up the night the shit hit the fan, and those of you who even "inaugurated" my new apartment/study den/batcave.

Will there be a need for a shoulder-to-cry-on brigade this year? I find it consummately presumptuous to prognosticate, so while I actually have my own private answer to that question, I think the best thing to say right now is: I'll let you know. But I guess the gist of what I wanted to say was: you guys are the best.

Incidentally, Theia and I were going over our wedding pictures, since we reproduced some for my aunts in the States. There's a real nice shot with some of you guys in it...the thing is there's an erstwhile j-partner in it too, so I thought I should clear it with...well, the parties concerned before I hand it over to TC for posting on the website. Does that thing still exist, by the way?

Anyway, I am also grateful that in the course of our last few get togethers there have not been a whole lot of "so when's the you-know-what results?" It's not that I don't appreciate the solicitude; it's just that I think about it enough times in a day, thank you very much, even without anyone reminding me how far I am from being a lawyer by title, even though I do exactly the same thing in my office as all the actual lawyers do.

If any of you start asking around March or even late Feb, that will be perfectly understandable considering that by then, it would be reasonable for me to say "any day now."

Incidentally, I just remembered...is anyone interested in going up to Baguio? It's like this, Theia's brother-in-law worked for the Asset Privatization Trust (or whatever it's called now) and they have, well, a sequestered house. AND I'll be heading up there anyway for the summer session for a week (or two) between March 21 to April 22, 2005. You see, it works for me NOT to stay on the Supreme Court premises, because my per diem will be twice what it would be if I stayed at the cottages, on the assumption that I would have to shack up at a pension house. But if I can get my accommodations free...anyway, if anyone's interested/free, please let me know. I'm planning on bringing Apel and his nanny so Theia will have time to study for the bar.

1 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

Sorry Jim. The 4J web site is currently inaccessible. I'll get around to setting it up again. One of these days. Eventually. Soon. :D

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home