10.24.2004

I went down

To Palawan that is. This Vietnamese priest who's staying with us decided to ask me along while he tours his former student (a petite vietnamese girl) around Palawan for the weekend. (Side note, she was cute when she had her mouth closed - she had bad teeth and chewed with her mouth open - must be a custom. Side note 2, I kept expecting her to blurt out the words "Hello Joe! Me Love you long time").

I spent the whole of 23 hours in Palawan and it made me want to go back ASAP. I stayed in Viet Ville which is known for being a refugee camp for people who fleed Vietnam. It's a ctually a nice, clean community filled with the sweetest people (Me love you long time!). Kidding... they were an awesome bunch who welcomed me into their homes and took me around to see the sites.

Before I go on and thereby take away any material I could use for my blog I just want to say na we should go one day. It would cost us about 5,500 each for round trip tickets and the house I stayed in (3 bedrooms, 3 single beds, 1 double bed), running water, airconditioning comes up to only 1,000 a day. Island hopping from nearby Honda Bay costs about 1,200 per boat and the food is really cheap but really good (and on the basis of my size, I do know food).

What you think boys? Me love you long time?

2 Comments:

Blogger banzai cat said...

Hmmm... that's interesting. Was a get-together last Saturday (sayang Jay you couldn't go) and one of the things that popped up was that of vacations we could all go.

One suggestion was Bohol, one was Panglaw...

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Yeah Joey, saw the pics... not a bad number...I got the message about the gimik when I got off the plane. It's such a nice place...

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home