10.17.2004

I'M A J BOY

As we remember Woowoo's death anniversary, my thoughts go back to one of the nights of the wake when Marvin of 4A came to pay his respects. Of all the A-boys, I always thought that he was one of the friendlier and more sincere of the bunch. It was weird though to see him wince and roll his eyes when I mentioned Paul Padilla's name. You remember Paul. Ballpen holster, moustache, blue rubber shoes, always looked like his Mom dressed him. That Paul.

That reaction blew me away and made me appreciate my place as a J-boy. We had every type of guy from every walk of life. Despite our differences, we came out of it as a single unified class. One that tries to get together as much as often. One that remembers birthdays and anniversaries. A class of people who enjoy each other's company even if we've been doing this for over 11 years now. I remember the thrill of hearing of long-lost classmates like Aleth and Allan Flores and Efty and wishing they would join us more often. We are a class that's in a class all its own.

Sige na nga, before you guys start calling me too sentimental, let me just thank you for 4J.

2 Comments:

Blogger banzai cat said...

Di ba nga, as Sarah said, we're a cult?

Speaking of which, we still haven't initiated you yet properly. Something involving red-hot poker irons... ;)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Conchita said...

Sniff...sniff...

That was so nice...

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home