10.18.2004

Coincidences

Sara and I met up in Eastwood, and I wanted to watch Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I was to meet up with Philip and TC after in Rockwell. Sara had another thing to go to in the evening.

I got the tickets ten minutes before the screening time. I selected the only unoccupied row in the center aisle, so I managed to get the seats right in the middle. There were a number of people watching the movie. One entire row was occupied, in fact.

While going to my seat, I noticed the one whole occupied row was filled by a group of guys. They were of a similar age, different looks and sizes. In twos and threes, they were talking, looking around, laughing.

I remarked to Sara that apart, they would just look like normal people. But seeing them as a group, I could only come to one conclusion.

They were classmates once, and they were watching a science fiction movie together.

I looked to Sara and said that they're a cult. She just looked back and said that it takes one to know one.

Anyway, I found the movie to be as it should be, entertaining, witty, and an escape.

Just after the movie finished, I found that Philip and the twins and Molly were just about to watch the same show in Rockwell.

TC decided to pass on the movie but stayed in Rockwell anyway. Sara decided to pass on her own later engagement and have dinner in Eastwood instead.

While walking around looking for a place to eat, I heard a voice call out. It was Joey, Mia, and a couple of members of her family. They were just about to have dinner in Jack's Loft. We joined them.

We caught up on a number of things. Why, it's been almost a whole month since we met up. Among a bunch of other things, we talked about who was working where, what was the name of that person this guy was seeing, who was moving where, any recent ghost sightings, that sort of thing.

It also came up that Joey wanted to see Sky Captain as well. When he heard that Philip and Molly and the twins were seeing it as we spoke, Joey said that we might as well have set something up so that we could all have watched it together.

We probably could've gotten enough people to occupy a whole row.

Just like that other bunch of guys.


17 Comments:

Blogger banzai cat said...

You forgot to mention our-- er, critical analysis of the night. ;)

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Damn you Bob! Just when I'm feeling really senti bout the class...*sniff*

5:16 PM  
Blogger Hobbes said...

Jay,

I don't see anything in what I just wrote that goes against your sentimentality.

Joey,

That deserves an entry all on its own. We had some detailed analysis to go along with it.

7:05 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Bob: Maybe your post went against Jay's sentimentality because everyone seems to be watching "Sky Captain" except him? ;)

Likewise, be my guest doing the analysis. Bwahaha! :D

Jay: Hehe tayo na lang manuod. I still haven't gotten around to watching that either.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

No, you guys have got it all wrong...my sentimentality was at a trickle but then Bob's entry let loose the flood gates.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

i haven't watched any new movie in the past two years including "finding nemo", "return of the king" and, gasp, "spiderman 2"
sacrilege!
on the flip side, i haven't watched so many tv shows ever.

12:40 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Jay: Whoops, sorry man. Hee.

Ryan: Why? Is watching movies expensive there?

1:20 PM  
Blogger kong-chu said...

Awww honey, you posted an entry! Am so proud of you! Quite a popular one too. Next thing you know, you'd be updating your blog too(http://behindtheclouds.blogspot.com/)! hehehe. ayos ba sa plugging? :)

Joey, can I be the one to share what we've thoroughly discussed last saturday night? For all those interested, let me begin by sharing my theory: In any collective entity of boys with a sufficient amount of members, there is a good chance that at least one of its members is gay. Furthermore, it could be someone you least expect!

Shall I continue? I don't want my comment to get censored, though. :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Arrrghhh! Why do you people do this to me?!? Bob! Ang tagal mo na pala naka blog! Update mo naman!

Sarah: Interesting-- but dangerous-- theory. Kaya naman pala. Hmmm... (looks suspiciously at each of the guys)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

oh. my. god.
bob's gay?

just kidding. by the way, i won't be able to post anything new for a few weeks. i'll be indisposed.

1:43 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Mwehehehe! ;)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

ooooh...indisposed....Ryan's probably the gay one.

9:07 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Yeah, talk about a guy while he's not here. ;)

12:17 PM  
Blogger kong-chu said...

Joey, when I first read your comment I thought you wrote, "Yeah, talk about a GAY while he's not here."

hehehe!

Ryan, I don't think Bob's gay... yet. Unless you have an old high school story (ya know, from your cult bible) that proves he was one, then I'd say, I don't think Bob's gay... again. :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Hehehe Sarah looks like there are Freudian overtones there ha?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

If bob was gay (again) it was only if Sara made him that way...oooh....Bob...who's your Mommy! Who's your Mommy!!! WHO'S YOUR MOMMEEEEEEEE!

6:04 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

ROFL Jay! :D

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home