5.23.2005

RETURN OF THE J-BOYS

Friday night was Star Wars night and I couldn't help but be reminded that we all watched Episode I together as well. The circle was complete then as 4J felt the power of the Force with Episode III, quite fittingly at Greenbelt 3.

It all started with R-Jay summoning a gathering...well, actually, just texting as to who needed tickets. Xander (and Mel), Tini (and Conci), Joey (and Mia), TC and I answered the call. R-jay then mysteriously gave up his tickets to Rhochie and Micki so they were able to join us for that showing - which is amazing since Rhochie ended up on the other side of the world again:

Me: "S'an ka na?"
Rhoch: "Nandito na! Sa may Cinderella!"
Me: "Cinderella? Saan ka pumunta?"
Rhoch: "Di ba Glorietta?"

Thankfully, a few minutes and a long walk from Glorietta later, the Browns arrived and we got on with our movie.

I went into it with low expectations and with Episodes I and II fresh in my mind, so what I got was a pleasant surprise. Dialogue was horrendously sappy or dated but kudos to the lightsaber scenes. All-in-all, I felt that the movie provided me with the closure I needed and wanted to have.

As the curtain now goes down on Star Wars, I send it off with the proper salute...

"Live long and prosper...Nanu nanu!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhochie said...

Well, we didn't walk all the way there. It was hotter than hell outside. Good thing the driver was still circling the rotunda, though.

Another reason why I don't go to the Makati CBD. Whoever planned that area, especially the malls, should be hung, drawn and quartered.

11:15 PM  
Blogger kong-chu said...

I wasn't invited?!?!? Hindi na ba ako 4J? :(

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home