5.19.2004

Too Many Places

I'm starting to wonder about this Blogging phenomenon. I like the idea of keeping everyone updated on what's happening in and around the 4J Universe, but I thought that was what the mailing list was for? Actually, that was what the 4J web site was for. I suppose since I haven't done anything to try to get the 4J web site up since 1999, I guess people started looking for other means. Wouldn't some people find that it takes too much effort to jump from the mailing list to the 4-J blog to the individual blogs? Just wondering.

In any event, I've found renewed interest (again) in rebuilding the 4J web site. It will take some effort and resources. To be more specific, around P6,500 a year for hosting fees and domain name reservation. Anyone interested in helping me raise the money?

Anyway, I find this blogging thing interesting. Some posts are longer than others and makes me lose interest in reading them. Then again, it's nice to know what your friends are thinking every now and then.

4 Comments:

Blogger banzai cat said...

Well, as Jay said, it's easier to keep track of everyone via blog. With email, you have to log in to download your mail but with the blog, you just look for the site.

As for the individual blogs, people don't have to go there unless they want to. ;-)

Though how come I have to log in if I want to comment? Can't just anyone comment? At least that way, non-blogger 4J people (or non-4J people) can also say their piece.

Just my two cents.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you can post anonymously. Just click on the option 'Post Anonymously'.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I see what you mean. Though good manners dictate that they sign their name when they post anonymously, yes? Should put a sign up saying so. 'Anonymous' sounds so creepy.

Joey

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with you, Joey. ;)

- Anonymous

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home