2.27.2006

BROTHERHOOD

The past week, amidst all the talk of coup attempts and a reprising of EDSA, one of our own was busy with a problem that struck closer to home. Tini's mom was admitted to the ICU of the Medical City after suffering from pneumonia and a mild stroke. She's been there for over a week now.

And during this time, there has been an overwhelming outpouring of support and prayers for Tini and his family. I guess that this really defines the character of our class. I mean, Tini has always been the unfortunate victim of many a rib or two from many of us (I admit that I'm one of the usual suspects) but in this time of trouble, we were all there. Some of us have called or texted. Some have gone to visit. Many have prayed. It just goes to show that when push comes to shove, we've got each others' backs. I love that.

Anyway, let me end this with a message Tini sent me via text last night.
"Thank you my brother & to all my other 4J brothers for the concern you have shown during these trying times & for all the prayers. My mom knows that all of you are praying for her speedy recovery. Please let the other 4J boys know that their concern is well-appreciated. Thank you very much my brothers!"

Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home