6.01.2005

For those interested...

I don't know who'll be interested in this, but author/comic book visionary Neil Gaiman will be in the Philippines for a book signing. My sister passed this information on to me via text message. He will make appearances at three venues, namely Gateway, GB3 and the Rockwell tent, the first two of which, according to the message, are fully booked. That leaves the Rockwell appearance, which is to take place on July 9. I, for one, am fervently interested.

If anyone's interested, I promise updates on the mechanics of being admitted to this engagement as soon as I get them, or if any of you know more than I do about this event, please feel free to let me know. I'm not a HUGE fan of his or anything; I only have his "Stardust" series and his second "Death" miniseries (I don't even have his Marvel stuff, which is weird considering I am a self-professed Marvel Zombie), but it would be nice to have his signature on my comics.

If J. Michael Straczynski ever showed up here for a signing, then I might mutate into the rabid fanboy hidden somewhere deep inside...

3 Comments:

Blogger TC said...

If J.Michael Straczynski does come here, do you think he'd sign my illegally made Captain Power vcds?? :P

8:20 AM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Considering nobody else knows that info, he'd probably would. ;-)

Seriously, nobody else seems to be spreading this but I also heard that you have to make a purchase a certain amount of Gaiman stuff from Fully Booked before you're allowed to get him to sign it. Just a little warning...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jim Arroyo said...

really? awww damn. i thought something like that might happen. I'm struggling through two books as it is, dunno if I'm gonna buy another one just to have NG sign my copies of "Stardust."

What if they make us buy hardcovers? sheesh.

As for JMS, well, he could well sign pirated stuff...but he might ask you for his royalties due on them too :p

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home